The Bible is the word of God and is living and sharp. The Bible directs Christians in all aspects of life. This includes information on community. How should we to live life with others? The Bible teaches us to live in community with others through fellowship, hospitality, love, kindness and the willingness to help one another. Read through these Bible verses about community slowly and pray that God will help you to live more like He has directed. Feel free to use these scriptures as a Bible study on community, a devotional, or a Sunday school lesson.
Bible Verses on Community and Fellowship
- Acts 2:42 – All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.
- Psalm 55:14 – What good fellowship we once enjoyed as we walked together to the house of God.
- Hebrews 10:24–25 – Let’s also think about how to motivate each other to show love and to do good works. Don’t stop meeting together with other believers, which some people have gotten into the habit of doing. Instead, encourage each other, especially as you see the day drawing near.
Scriptures about Community and Hospitality
- 1 Peter 4:9 – Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay.
- Hebrews 13:2 – Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!
Scriptures about Community Love
- John 13:34–35 – So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
- Romans 12:9–10 – Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.